Sanitation & Recycling
Collection InformationBlue Diamond Disposal is the trash collector for Roxbury Township. They collect trash, recycling, grass, brush and leaf material for the Township. All items must be at the curb by 6:00 am to ensure prompt service then removed from the curb by 5:00 p.m on the same day of service. Don't know which day your street is schedule for pick up? No problem. Click here to find out your Route number and trash day. Once you find your route, refer to the town calendar to see which item is scheduled for pick up.
- Limit of five containers/bags per collection
- Trash containers are limited to 32 gallon in size, 50 pounds or less
- All grass, brush and leaves will be collected weekly, on your regular trash day, in either paper bags, containers (labeled as vegetative waste) or tied in bundles beginning the week of April 4, 2016 and ending Friday December 16, 2016.
- Free Bulky Service - One bulky item will be taken in lieu of two cans of trash. Bulky items include items such as furniture and other non-metal household items. This does not include any type of construction debris. Construction debris can be disposed of through a private hauler or through the Morris County Transfer Station who can be reached at 973-347-8108.
- Metal pick ups are made by appointment by calling (973) 448-2053.
All inquiries regarding curbside or hopper service should be directed to Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800
- January 2, 2017 New Year's Day - No Collection. Regular trash collection schedule to resume on Tuesday, January 3
- May 29, 2017 Memorial Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on May 30
- July 4, 2017 Independence Day - No Collection. Routes 2 & 3 Trash Only will be picked up on July 5
- September 4, 2017 Labor Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on September 5
- November 23, 2017 Thanksgiving - No Collection. Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on November 25
- December 25, 2017 Christmas Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on December 27
Items to Be Recycled Curbside
Paper products consisting of the following may be placed in brown paper bags, clearly marked containers or tied in bundles:
Commingled ContainersCommingled containers consist of the following and are to be placed curbside in a container that is clearly marked. Containers placed in paper / plastic bags will not be collected curbside.
- Aluminum and metal cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cartons (i.e milk, soup stock boxes, ice cream containers & juice boxes (not pouches)
- Plastics #1,2,4,5 & 7 plastic food and beverage containers & small rigid plastics (that can fit in a garbage can)
If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Office at 973-448-2053.
The following items are not recycled and should be disposed of in your regular trash:
Motor oil containers, incandescent light bulbs, plate glass, windows, mirrors or ceramics (plates, cups, etc), plastic tubs, tubes, etc.
Commingled and Paper Collection Dates
|Commingled Containers||Paper Products|
|Week of||Week of|
|January 9,23||January 2,16,30|
|February 6,20||February 13,27|
|March 6,20||March 13,27|
|April 3,17||April 10,24|
|May 1,15,29||May 8,22|
|June 12,26||June 5,19|
|July 10,24||July 3,17,31|
|August 7,21||August 14,28|
|September 4,18||September 11,25|
|October 2,16,30||October 9,23|
|November 13, 27||November 6,20|
|December 11,25||December 4,18|
Recyclables are collected on the same day as your trash. Please note that certain holidays may affect the collection of your recyclables. If you have a question regarding a holiday collection see the schedule above or call Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800.
Brush, Grass & Leaf CollectionGrass and leaves are collected curbside only in brown Kraft paper bags or clearly marked containers. A limit of 50 bags of leaves will be collected weekly during regularly scheduled collection times. Compost material in plastic bags will not be collected.
Brush / branches can be tied in bundles or placed in brown paper bags or clearly marked containers. Containers must be less than 32 gallons and weigh less than 50 pounds. Collection takes place every week for all materials, on the same day as your trash / recycling collection. Grass, brush and leaves can be mixed together.
Metal Item CollectionMetal items and metal appliances will be collected curbside by appointment only. Please call (973) 448-2069 for an appointment.
*Please note that prior to arranging for a metal pickup Freon MUST be removed from the the item.
Freon must be removed from items, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc. before collection will occur. All items must have a sticker provided by an authorized company in order to be collected curbside or placed in the metal dumpster at the recycling center.
If you have any questions regarding trash collection or recycling, please contact Public Work department at (973) 448-2053 or (973) 448-2069
Image does not exist