Sports & Activities
Fall & Spring Registration is currently open online atCommunity Pass for select programs.
IN THE KNOW?To receive a weekly email list of events and activities around Roxbury, create an account at Everbridge Citizen Alerts. It isn't just for emergencies!
FALL 2016 PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
This program is for girls going into 5th through 8th grade and is designed to introduce girls to the sport of volleyball. Volleyball will be held twice per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and/or Thursdays. Each session is one hour, and scheduled between 5:45pm and 9pm. Locations will be in either Lincoln Roosevelt Gym, Horseshoe Lake Gym, or Eisenhower School Gym; a schedule will be provided. The session begins in mid-September and runs through mid-November. Volunteers are needed for coaches! Please register online through Community Pass or in-person at the Recreation Office. Fee is $65, includes t-shirt.
Roxbury Rebels 2017 Tryouts
Mark your calendar! For 14U team, tryouts will be on Thursday, September 22nd at 7pm. Pre-registration required at www.roxburyrebels.com. More info on flyer.
Roxbury Senior Softball
Batting practice and pick-up games only, for ages 60+. No fees, no registration…just show up at Horseshoe Lake’s Field E. Thursdays now through October 27th, 9:30am to 1pm. Roxbury residents get priority. More info on flyer.
Children's Bowling League
Join the fun while the weather gets chilly! Bumper Bowling for kids in K-3rd grade; Regular Bowling for kids in 4th-8th grade. Dates are Oct. 26-March 22, 4pm-5:15pm at Circle Bowl, 1113 Route 46 East, Ledgewood for a total of 21 sessions. Registration fee: $10, includes t-shirt. Cost is $6 per week, which includes two games and shoe rental. Register in-person only at Roxbury Rec. More info on flyer.
Boys Skills & Drills Basketball Clinic
Learn the basics of basketball or improve your skills. Tuesdays and Thursdays, November 1, 3, 8, and 15 at the Roxbury High School Gym. Grades 3-5 will be held at 6pm-7:15pm, and grades 6-8 will be held at 7:15pm-8:30pm. Clinic will be directed by Roxbury High School Boys Basketball Coach, Joe Ansaldi. Register online or in-person at Rec Office. Fee: $30.
Girls Skills & Drills Basketball Clinic
Great opportunity to learn the basics of basketball,and improve your game! Wednesdays and Fridays, October 26, 28; November 2 and 4 at Roosevelt School Gym. Grades 3-5 will be held at 6pm-7pm, and grades 6-8 will be held at 7:15pm-8:15pm. Clinic will be directed by Roxbury High School Girls Basketball Coach, Jessica Trotter. Register online or in-person at Rec Office. Fee: $30.
Registration will open on Monday September 12th for the following programs (review flyer for more info):
- K-1st Grade Boys and Girls Basketball Skills Clinics-three clinics will be offered at Horseshoe Lake Gym. One is on Tuesdays starting November 8th; two are on Wednesdays, starting November 9th. More info and dates on flyer. Fee: 40, includes t-shirt.
- 2nd Grade Boys and Girls Basketball Skills Clinic-Mondays at HSL Gym, starting on November 14th at 5pm* (time change). More info on flyer. Fee: $40, includes t-shirt.
- 3rd-8th Grade Teams for Boys or Girls, starting in early December. More info on flyer. Fee: $70; two children, $120; family max, $150; includes t-shirt.
- Travel Teams offered for 5, 6, 7, 8th grade boys, and 5, 6, 7, 8th grade girls; must be registered for Rec Basketball in order to try out. Tryouts begin late September through early October. Additional fee of $50 for Travel Teams.
- High School Boys Teams, begins in December for Sunday games. Fee: $95, includes t-shirt.
Jr. Gaels Wrestling Clinic
This program is for children K-1st grade who want to learn to wrestle and compete with kids of same age and weight. Clinic focuses on fundamentals and basic techniques critical to beginners. Clinic will be held on Friday evenings, 5pm-6pm, on December 9, 16, and January 6, 13, & 20 at Roxbury High School Auxiliary Gym. Register online or in-person at Roxbury Recreation. Fee: $40, t-shirt included.
Jr. Gaels WrestlingThis program is for children in K-8th grade who want to learn to wrestle and compete with kids of same age and weight. Sign up in person at Roxbury Recreation or online. Program begins in mid-November. Coaches needed too! More info on flyer.
- 1st-4th Grade Novice: To be eligible, your child must have attended Clinic Program. Intermediate program introduces the young athlete to the beginner level of competition. Practices will be Wednesdays and Fridays, 6pm-7:30pm. Fee: $75 (sweatshirt included).
- 2nd-8th Grade Jr. Gaels: Practices will be held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-8pm. These teams will compete in both the Tri-County League and North Jersey Leagues. Fee: $75 (sweatshirt included).
SPRING 2017 PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES:
Join the "fastest sport on two feet"! Teams will be formed with the following grade levels: 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8. Practices are 2-3 times per week at Roxbury High School's Bryant Field (usually Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) with games once per week. Season runs April 1st through mid-June. Assistant coaches also needed to assist certified head coaches. Please register online or in-person at Rec Office by December 16th. For further information, please contact Debbie Shulkowski at 862-251-4233. Fee includes practice pinnie and 12 game season in league (Jersey Girls Lacrosse Association). Fee: $85; two children, $135; family max, $190.