- Body Art Establishment Inspections - Body art establishments must comply with state regulations. These regulations govern procedure and sanitary requirements for all establishments that tattoo and pierce. All establishments are inspected yearly.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning - The Health Department investigates cases of childhood lead poisoning when a child’s venous blood lead level is in excess of 20 ug/dl. All children under the age of six should be tested for lead.
- Excessive Noise Complaints - The township has adopted into law the Model Noise Ordinance, which allows the Health Department to protect the community from excessively loud noise. For questions regarding noise you should contact the Health Department.
- Fertilizer Ordinance - Any fertilizer applied in the township cannot contain more than 0.5% phosphorus. A bag of fertilizer rated 24-2-8 has 24% nitrogen, 2% phosphorous and 8% potassium. So when purchasing fertilizer make sure that the middle number on the bag is not higher than 0.5%.
- Massage Establishment Inspections
- Public Health Nuisance Complaints - Please call the Health Department for more information.
- Recreational Bathing Inspections
- Regulated Medical Waste Complaints - All regulated medical waste generators (doctor’s offices, hospitals, etc.) must comply with state regulations. Home use of syringes does not fall under these regulations, safe disposal is the responsibility of the user. Please refer to our
- Retail Food Establishment Inspections
- Rodent Complaints
- Septic System Complaints / Information
- Septic System Plan Review and Inspections - Plans for both new construction and alterations of existing systems must be reviewed by the Health Department before they are installed. The Health Department also conducts periodic inspections of septic systems during the installation process.
- Smoke Free Air Act Enforcement - This act prohibits smoking in all enclosed indoor places of public access and workplaces. General information regarding this issue can be found at Smoke Free New Jersey or Global Advisors on Smokefree Policy (New Jersey GASP). There are no establishments in Roxbury that are exempt from the Smoke Free Air Act. Specific questions regarding Roxbury can be directed to the Health Department at (973) 448-2028.
- Solid Waste Complaints - Please call the Health Department for more information.
- Surface Water Quality Inspections - Please call the Health Department for more information.
- Tanning Establishment Inspections - Tanning establishments must comply with state regulations. These regulations govern procedure and sanitary requirements. All establishments are inspected yearly.
- Tenant Housing Complaints - Please call the Health Department for more information.
- Well Information / Well Plan Review